Sunflower Gymnastics is looking for highly motivated, reliable and energetic individuals to work with children of all ages and abilities as a gymnastics instructor.
Instructors are responsible for coaching boys and girls from the beginning level through advanced, ages 20 months- adults. Candidates should have a background in gymnastics, or other related sports, have experience working with children and have an understanding of the responsibility of such a position. There will also be a training period in which you will be trained by our coaches that have years of experience and learn all the ins and outs of the job.
* Coach/instruct gymnastics classes (Recreational, pre-school, possibly team).
* Candidates must be physically able to spot basic gymnastics skills, and willing to learn to spot more advanced skills.
* Set up before class, and clean up after classes (a clean gym is a healthy gym), interact with parents before and after class.
* Follow lesson plans and be able to expand/alter lesson plans as needed.
* Willing to learn about our program and follow our established curriculum.
* Put the student's overall health and well-being as a priority over skill development.
* Good working knowledge of the teaching/educational process and positive coaching techniques.
* Candidate must have a willingness to learn and be trained.
* Lead by example.
* Must have excellent communication skills and take pride in their work.
* Must have a sound understanding of the level of commitment it takes to work with kids
* Elementary Ed and PE Majors encouraged to apply!
Fill out the application below.
If you wish, you may also e-mail a resume to
Please use the following example for your resume file name; firstname_lastname.pdf